Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Good bye Chile, Hello Italy!

July 24th, 2011

I’m writing from a plane again. I did the Santiago – New York flight last night and right now I’m flying from New York JFK to Paris CDG…Then I will take a flight to Milan Linate, where I will be picked up by my mum and sister. When we arrive at Cremona it will have been about 30 hours since I left Santiago, possibly one of my longest trips yet… So I look and feel like shit right now haha

My connection in NY was 9 hours long so I left the airport and visited my friend Julius! It was a sneak peak to what the week in NY will be like when I go back in August. Basically, Julian is super chill and the week will have a good balance of chill and intensity, I think. My first impressions of NY?? I loved it! People are crazy and everyone has their own style, you won’t get bored observing people: how they behave, how they talk, how they’re dressed (I know because I misread Julian’s instructions, went the wrong direction, and spent more than an hour in the subway looking at people. There was this guy that looked Filipino or Hawaiian and he was naked except for a red speedo, pink Crocs, a transparent pareo, a Disney Princess bag, a Betty Book suitcase, and a Yankees cap). Women are really beautiful, and everyone was extremely helpful (three different people lent me their phones to call Julian, they helped me with the luggage, with directions, etc.) Definitely felt welcome those couple hours and I'm looking forward to going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment