Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mexico, I love you

Here are some pictures of my beloved country.
Zihuatanejo, Guerrero. December 2007. I spent Christmas here with my family for three consecutive years. The sunsets were incredible, full of beauty and colour. One day, we saw greens, electric blues and violets in the sky, but we didn't have the camera with us to capture that magical moment. 

Chamela, Jalisco. April 2007. This is the UNAM (Mexican National University) Biological Research Station in Chamela. Stunning sunsets too, and an amazing region to visit. One of the most biodiverse in the country!

Chamela, Jalisco. April 2007. This is was taken around 6 am. I remember how the birds used to wake us up, and then you would get out of your room, barefoot, careful not to step on any of the beetles that walked tirelessly across the halls, and then, once outside, you would smell the cold air. It was awesome! Not cold, but FRESH.

Isla Pajareira in Chamela, Jalisco. This island belonged to the birds! Rocks were unnaturally white.

UNAM, Mexico City. 2008. An adorable grasshopper that allowed me to photograph him. 

Canon del Sumidero, Chiapas. 2009. This is one of the most amazing places I've ever been to. It felt like being in Jurassic Park somehow. Look at how tiny the boat looks! Someone told me recently it also looks like a scene from 'The fellowship of the ring' where they travel down the river and pass two HUGE statues. Kind of.
And a video a friend posted

No comments:

Post a Comment