Saturday, March 26, 2011

Marry the man today!

So this week was great. Well, except for the fact that I dropped my phone. Dropped it in water. In a toilet. A dirty toilet. Dirty as in not flushed. In the guys bathroom. Yeah... Gross.
...I can explain. So with Nichster we started this project called Bathroom Stall Musings. Check it out here www.bathroomstallmusings.tumblr.com So I was taking pictures in the girls' bathroom at The Beanery (those are the ones of the basilisc!) I finished with that bathroom and then went outside. My friend was there and I was like, hey I'm taking pictures! Do you think I can go in the guys' bathroom? He was like, yeah sure why not! So we go inside and I go have a look at the stall to see if the writings on the wall are nice. The toilet was gross with everything you can imagine in it and I was like, ewwww this is disgusting, I'm not taking pictures right now, I'll come back when they have flushed this, god are guys gross... So I turn to leave, and as I do so, my phone slips from my jacket pocket INTO THE TOILET. It's so so so so gross and so so so random that I can't believe it happened... like, what was I doing there, and why, oh why did my phone have to fall right in the centre with a splash? I ran outside screaming and laughing so hard my stomach was hurting. I was really rolling on the floor laughing. hahah Even if this was no laughing matter! My phone, in the meantime, was just drowning in terrible terrible things in that dimly-lit smelly boys' bathroom. We went downstairs to get some gloves from the Beanery people, and then my friend was like, ok you stay here, I'll get your phone (I was laughing/throwing up). Anyway, to make a long story short, a lot of disinfectant, 260 dollars and 3 hours getting to the Apple Store later, I got a new phone (my 4th iPhone in the last 10 months). No, the warranty doesn't cover water (or should I say liquid) damage. And the worse thing is that the last time I changed my phone (3 months ago) it was because I had dropped it in a toilet as well. But it was my toilet and it was clean, so it was like a million times better/less worse.

These last few days have been great because I went to watch Guys and Dolls Suite Style Musical (upper year residences do this) it was GREAT!! My friends Keirstyn and Emil were in it and I was just blown away. Here is a random youtube clip of a song I loved, Marry the man today!
Adelaide was Keirstyn. She's smart, beautiful, sings amazingly well, and is also a great tour guide (we give tours together on fridays and I love giving them with her). Emil was Harry the Horse!  He's such a fantastic person as well and soooo funny!! He's always in musicals and I just love him :D emilio. That's one thing about UBC, you're always meeting people that are passionate in many different things but they are all so interesting. I guess that's the beauty of the college experience.

Also, today was UBC LIP DUB!!! woot woot!! It was aaaaaaweeeesommmEEEE!!! If you don't know what that is, check out the webpage and look at the previous lip dubs. Ours was INCREDIBLE!! There were trampolines, horses, a Translink bus, Josh Ramsey from Marianas Trench (who the f..??), sheepdogs...!! and more things I can't remember. I was in section 15 with an amazing group of people including the lovelies Amelie and Vale! We were all forest nymphs hehe we also did a flashmob behind the MOA which was pretty cool, filmed by a helicopter. And we also had a final party scene at the pool. Pretty sweet!! I was in the part were the underwater camera was filming and we jumped in the pool one by one. I was wearing strapless bikini and of course it fell off the second I jumped. I hope that won't show on the film... or I hope the group of scuba divers drinking tea in an underwater living room didn't see anything. Besides this little bikini incident, the lip dub was EPIC. Can't wait to see the finished video, should come out April 8th or something. I'll post it for sureeeee!!


UPDATE: this just in! So the other day my friend Martino came to visit at 1 am because he was passing by. He was kinda drunk and we were hanging out in my living room. Then a couple other friends came, including the one that had fished my phone from the toilet (ew) so we told Marts the story. Then they left at like 2am. And I tried contacting Marty all week-end and his phone was dead, sent me to voice mail. Anyway today when I asked why his phone was dead he was like, yeahh I lost my phone... And I was like, really oh no! where? And then he's like, well, actually, I didn't loose it... I dropped it... in your toilet. HAHAHA yeah so apparently when he was at my place he went to the bathroom and dropped it somehow, and then was too embarrassed to say anything so he just didn't and put it in his pocket instead. SOO LISTEN UP EVERYBODY. This is a curse. Marty will tell the story to the next person at his place, and that person will also drop the phone, and so on. I would suggest you never go near a body of water with your phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment